zondag 6 december 2015

Project "Hair"

Today I want to talk to you about something I got addicted to, but is it a good addiction or not, you decide. 

So a couple of years ago, me and a friend were talking about extensions. I really liked the idea of having very long hair and not having to wait for it. So a couple of weeks later I got my first clips. They were really cheap but I just bought them to see how it would look on me, the colour wasn't even the same. 

I started to do some research and I found out that there was something called "a weave". It means that they make little braids in your hair and they put the extensions on them. I decided to get them. It wasn't pretty at all! I got the wrong type of haircolour and the woman who put them in, did 3 layers on one braid. This meant that my hear looked really thick and not natural at all! I kept them in for 3 weeks maybe and then I got them out with a fork... My own hair was still quite okay but I did feel that it became less thick. 

So a couple months after that I bought new clips. The colour was the same as my own hair and the quality of the hair itself was really good. But when you wear clips, it takes you a lifetime to put them in and I don't really have thick hair so you see them most of the time. 

There was a new hairsalon in town and they did weaves as well. I was quite insecure about it at first but the girl guaranteed me she wouldn't make my hair look thick. So I just got with it. She told me it would cost me about 350 euro and I was ok with that. She took a picture from my own hair so that she would know which colour to buy (that's not normal, I know). A couple days later I went to the salon and got my new hair. I was really happy with it at first! Look at these pretty curles! 



I was so happy with my hair until I got to the register. The girl who did my hair suddenly changed her mind about the price we arranged. She asked me 500 euro in total. I couldn't do anything about it so I just paid it. She guaranteed me that I could use this hair for a lifetime and that this was the reason the price increased soooo much. 3 weeks later my braids were falling out and I had to get my extensions out again. I noticed some bald spots at the place where they started. I went nuts!

I still wanted to have long hair but what were my options? I started to talk to my friends about it whom had some experience with extensions. That's how I got to know Melissa Dams. She uses the extensions of Great Hair. These are extensions which come from Italy or India. She has been placing extensions for a couple of years now so I trusted my hair to her. 
First I had to go to her place to see which colour she had to order. She told me she wanted to use 2 colours, one blonde and one a bit more brown. I let her do her thing and a couple of days after I had my appointment. I was so happy! I had them in for 4 months. The quality of the hair is excellent! And when I got them out, my hair was still the same as before! This girl really made my summer!

This picture was taken right after the first time I got my Great Hair extensions. As you can see the colour is exactly the same as my own haircolour thanks to the professional approach of Melissa.



What I love about Great Hair is that when you wash them, they have like a beachwave. I think this looks really natural and messy at the same time, I love it!





These last 2 pictures are taken a couple of days ago. These are my new extensions, ready for another 4 monts at least! If you want to know more about my experiences with these extensions, don't hesitate to contact me, I will tell you all about it! Make sure to check their website as well: www.greathairextensions.nl

I know someone who's gonna look great during the holidays...

Charis x

Geen opmerkingen: