donderdag 4 februari 2016

Failure to launch

Hey guys, 

I'm in beautiful Prague right now. That post will be online on Sunday, so keep in touch! 

I have done something really stupid on Tuesday which I want to talk to you about. So I have these white SPM sneakers which I love to wear, but they are quite dirty... So I went on the internet and looked up how I could get these babies clean again. I got to the website of "Het Laatste Nieuws" yes, the newspaper. And I found the following article: 


I was so excited about getting my shoes clean again so I drove to Kruidvat to get this "Ossengal" soap. This was the result after scrubbing them one time, before and after:



As you can see, my shoes are way cleaner on the second picture. But, I wasn't satisfied enough so I thought to myself, why not clean them a second time so that they are really pearly white? So this happened when I started scrubbing them for the second time: 


I ruined my €100 sneakers with a €1,40 soap. Stupid, I know! I went to the shoe maker and he suggested me to buy special white paint because all the colour was off my shoe. 

I came home, taped up the sequin part of my shoe and started spraying the paint on it. The result? They look even better than before, beautiful pearly white sneakers!! 

So if you plan on cleaning your sneakers, just don't! 

See you
Charis x

2 opmerkingen:

Pendo zei

Try 'ELBOW GREASE' —
elbow grease := vigorous wiping.
And on your soft brush use a
Sodium Bicarbonate & water paste.

Unknown zei

Thanks for the tip! I just have to be more careful I think ;)