dinsdag 10 november 2015

While visiting Munich...

Hallo schöne Jüngen und Mädchen! Wie geht's?

Although we were late for the Oktoberfest, we did have an awesome time in Germany! I'll take you through our citytrip day by day, ready??!

Day 1
So we flew to Germany leaving from Amsterdam. It's like a 1.25h flight and we got some yoghurt and drinks so you won't hear me complaining cause remember, food is always good. 

 

So we arrived in Munich around 10 and we went to our friend's house and had some late breakfast/early lunch whatever you like to call it. I took this picture of their staircase, guess this is what they call love at first sight. 


& Ofcourse what do you do on your first day? Explore the city!! We really wanted to see some Sehenswürdigkeiten (tourist attractions). So we got on a sightseeing bus, yes, we really did! And we actually got to see some amazing places! And I am seriously in love with the houses over there, all in these bright and joyful colours. Honestly, I could live there!








 
The weather was by far much better than we expected it to be!


Before our trip, I pre-ordered this O'rèn Official bag which said "Belgique. Belchique." It actually wasn't supposed to be delivered by the time I left for Munich but a couple of days before I left, there was this big package in my mail, didn't have to think long about which bag to take on my trip!

 
Jeans blouse: Primark (patched it up on my elbows, I'll show you later)
Vest: Stefano Tremelo
Pants: Bershka
Shoes: Nike
Bag: O'Rèn
Sunglasses: Rayban
 Shameless group pictures were also a part of our trip, obviously...


Day 2 
Our second day in Munich was dedicated to what girls love most of all: that's right, SHOPPING!! The shopping street is so long and we only did half of it in 5 hours, it was unreal! Bought a couple of nice things including a new coat, a scarf, Eos lipbalm and leather shorts. I think you can say that I was a very happy girl! 

 Sunglasses: Rayban
Dress: got it at a local market in Antwerp
Tights: Hema
Boots: Si
My new scarf: Zara
Bag: O'Rèn

After our little shopping spree we had dinner in this awesome Italian restaurant. I did forget the name though but it was really crowded, very hard to get in since we were there with 5 people. But in the end we managed to get a table and the food was delicious! 



Day 3
So day 3 was actually my favorite day in the beautiful city. It was our last full day so that was a bit sad but we got to visit a very cool place. I don't really think I can use this term for a concentration camp but I really liked our visit there. It was the concentration camp of Dachau. We got an English guide who was very friendly and knew a lot about the camp. There was a thing which I didn't understand though... I went to a concentration camp in Belgium as well, in Breendonk. And the first thing you saw when you entered the first room was the big eagle from the time of Hitler. And everywhere you saw was the SS-logo and the nazis' logo but here in Dachau, we didn't see any of those. I thought that was quite weird but hey, who am I to judge. 

We also saw the gas chambres which was very confronting. But then again, our guide told us that most of the people in the camp died of the poor conditions they had to live in. Which to me is just cruel!



Sunglasses: Rayban
New coat: Pimkie
Bag: O'Rèn
Blouse: H&M
Tights: Hema
Boots: Si

We still had some time left after our visit to the concentration camp so we visited a place called the Surfers Wave. It's actually quite weird because it's just a bit like a small pond and there's a heavy flood which gives sufers some awesome waves! Apparently they are practicing winter and summer in their little wetsuits. It was really awesome to see something like that just happening in the middle of the city.


And to end the day, we went to visit the Chinese Tower in the English Garden. Confusing right?


After preparing a typical Belgian dinner for our German friend, we went to a bar which we also visited the night before. It was called Martini Club. They had sooooo many cocktails! I really didn't want to drink that much but we all know I like my gin & tonic. So the first night I got myself a Botanist and a Blue gin. Apparently the guy behind the bar was impressed that a Botanist gin was my first choice so he offered us some shots to try. Second night I wasn't really in the mood to drink until the music started playing so again, some gin & tonics were on the menu for me. 
 Blouse: H&M
New shorts: Pimkie
Tights: Hema
Boots: Si

Day 4
To all good stories comes an end and this citytrip was no exception. We had to catch our plane and so we did. 


This was definitely a trip to remember, I had so much fun! And I know I made an impression with my German language skills, obviously! 

Tschüss
Charis x

Geen opmerkingen: